The Entomological Club
The Entomological Fund  is registered Charity no. 313386      
History
1788 Linnean Society founded.

1826 Entomological Club founded by George Samouelle, Abraham Davies, Samuel Hanson and Edward Newman.

1832 Membership raised to agreed total of eight by inviting William Bennett,  John Curtis, James Bowerbank and Francis Walker.
     Societé entomologique de France founded.

1833 Royal Entomological Society founded.

1836 First code of laws of the Club prepared with requirement that members live in or near London.

1856 Membership increased to nine.

1866 Requirement of residence in or near London dropped

1887 Verrall Supper founded

1898 Membership reverted to eight.

1924 Laws changed to provide for honorary membership, originally as a precursor to full membership.
     Club decides to abandon its collections; material donated to the Hope Department at Oxford, and the Natural History Museum.

1927 Entomological Fund set up.
pp6724af69.jpg
George Samouelle -
founder of the
Entomological Club
Membership
Activities
Constitution
Home
pp0725fec7.jpg
pp3d0df8e7.png
pp1a01f776.png
ppd41d432a.png